Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Labour Party Conference 2006

Its nearly over for another year so The Dolphinarium casts a wry look back at some of the highlights of the Manchester gore-fest. Brown bombed, Cherie showed her fangs and for his spectacular finale, Tony struck a decidedly messianic note:
"You take my advice. You don't take it. Your choice."
(If you love me, you will keep my commandments)
"Whatever you do, I'm always with you. Head and heart.
(I am always with you, yes, even until the end of time).
Point repeated for emphasis:
"Next year I won't be making this speech.
"But in the years to come, wherever I am, whatever I do, I'm with you. Wishing you well. Wanting you to win."
(Go ye and make disciples of all nations).
The speech ending did go a little bit awry. The stage directions read as follows:
TB bathed in unearthly glow and accompanied by angelic hosannahs, ascends into heaven, crowd say 'Oooh' and fall to their feet in homage.
But something or someone, let's call her Cherie, who had decided that his earthly ministry was not yet over put a spanner in the works and he had to make a low-key lap of the conference hall instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home